Search found 122 matches

by VLK
Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:48 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: 13 years ago today
Replies: 6
Views: 1125

Kasper, Guglovo, yes, and the logs only keep the id and the restart times. I was on the hill above Green Mountain in February 2023 and the ground was hard with frost, and I stayed until the rsetart came. Nothing in the files will show that either.
by VLK
Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:01 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: 13 years ago today
Replies: 6
Views: 1125

HarrisonB, I remember that Ural, the scratch down the side. For me it was the shoreline that stayed, handing out beans until sunrise. The sea is still loud at night there.
by VLK
Mon Sep 21, 2026 3:40 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: walk back from stary
Replies: 4
Views: 1056

I never saw the shot, Tinman. Mine are all from Green Mountain, the first visit when the tower light was off, and one from the crossroads with the man who never spoke. Still raining here at five, then it stopped.
by VLK
Sat Sep 19, 2026 4:15 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: walk back from stary
Replies: 4
Views: 1056

That is good, the laughing. For me it was the shoreline session, beans and bandages until sunrise. Nobody shot at me all night. The rain here started around 4 also, very quiet.
by VLK
Sun Sep 13, 2026 4:34 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: still have the old folder
Replies: 11
Views: 1102

rye_, I was not in the car that night but I remember you telling it. For me it was the shoreline with the mist coming off the water, beans until sunrise, nobody fired a shot. I think so also that some files are better left with only the date on them.
by VLK
Fri Sep 11, 2026 4:01 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: screenshot folder after midnight
Replies: 5
Views: 746

Doc_Mallory, I have the same folder open now. The quiet year taught me not to sort anything, and the order remains from then. That somebody spun one up again makes me look at the crossroads man once more.
by VLK
Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:46 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: anyone still around
Replies: 5
Views: 692

rye_, I understand not listening further. I still remember that morning in 2023 when someone logged in on the hill above Green Mountain. we were all in the Discord and no one spoke for a while. I am glad I had not gone to sleep yet.
by VLK
Sat Sep 05, 2026 4:35 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: screenshot folder after midnight
Replies: 5
Views: 746

screenshot folder after midnight

I ended up in the old screenshot folder after midnight. The crossroads man shots are still there, same time stamp every week, and I remember we stopped asking questions. Just found one where the sun is low and the crossroad sign is readable.
by VLK
Thu Sep 03, 2026 3:28 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: anyone still around
Replies: 5
Views: 692

anyone still around

Autumn is starting hree. That month in 2024 when the server came back felt a little like the quiet year, only with more of us awake. If anyone ever puts one up again I would still log in.
by VLK
Tue Sep 01, 2026 4:31 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: ladder night
Replies: 3
Views: 586

Strange how those two nights share a drawer in my head.
Kasper was always the one for confisg, I still thnik he has them somewhere. The bus outside the grocery had the door hanging open the whole morning. The Green Mountain tower light was off htat same weekend, and the north drive laetr had the ...