Search found 160 matches

by Kasper
Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:53 pm
Forum: Server Talk
Topic: one file off the old drive
Replies: 1
Views: 34

That date lines up with the backup I kept. I still have the server drive, folder names sorted by restart time. There is a text file with crossroads in the name. The UAZ notes are in a later folder.
by Kasper
Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:40 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: 13 years ago today
Replies: 6
Views: 1521

aHrrisonB, the 0224 copy is on a shelf drive with a strip of tape on it, so at least one of us still has that year. The scratch only exists in your memory and Doc's log, which is where most of it lives anyway. I opened the folder in June and the vehicle entries for that autumn run to four lines. She ...
by Kasper
Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:20 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: 13 years ago today
Replies: 6
Views: 1521

I still have that year on the external drive, recopied it in 2024. The Ural is only a vehicle id and a couple of restart entries in the logs. Nothing about the scratch. It was Guglovo, not Guglvoo.
by Kasper
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:38 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: old server folder
Replies: 2
Views: 1173

sniper, the March 2015 logs are the ones from the outage. I had the admin window open, and the rollback lines still point at the restart timer, not a name. I can check the exact timestamps if the drive spins up. There is a coffee ring on the WD Elements label, probably from that week.
by Kasper
Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:43 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: old server folder
Replies: 2
Views: 1173

old server folder

I still have the old server folder. It's on a 2TB WD Elements that still spins up. The March 2015 vehicle logs are in there, timestamps and all. The old base spot is just grass now.
by Kasper
Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:10 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: walk back from stary
Replies: 4
Views: 1286

Found the old drive again, the one with the 2015 logs on it. The Pustoshka UAZ is still in there, timestamps and all, and there is still nothing in them to explain it. Rain here since Tuesday, nothing dramatic. The drive goes back in the drawer.
by Kasper
Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:21 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: old drive
Replies: 6
Views: 889

sniper, it stays in the bag. The silica apcket in there is older than the backup script and neither is coming out tonight. Cold here too, and the shelf catches the window draught. Kabanino went the same way after a restart.
by Kasper
Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:01 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: old drive
Replies: 6
Views: 889

Doc, the log is in the same folder as the backup script that only kept one copy. That was a config thing, and it is why the August restart went the way it did. The drive is still in the static bag on the shelf, label in marker, not plugged in since the move. I can check whether the camp screenshot ...
by Kasper
Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: old drive
Replies: 6
Views: 889

That sounds like the drive I went through in 2016. I kept the old server folder on a separate drive, put it in a static bag, and left it in the box with the Arma 2 discs. The Elektro industrial roof note is still in there. I have not plugged it in since the move.
by Kasper
Mon Sep 14, 2026 9:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: old drive
Replies: 4
Views: 822

Doc_Mallory, I still have the folder from that morning. The tents were open when I logged in, and the grass was soaked. The drive is a 2TB Seagate in a drawer, most of it is just those weeks. I don't open it much.