anyone still around

Not about DayZ.
Post Reply
User avatar
VLK
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 1:00 pm

anyone still around

Post by VLK »

Autumn is starting hree. That month in 2024 when the server came back felt a little like the quiet year, only with more of us awake. If anyone ever puts one up again I would still log in.
User avatar
Doc_Mallory
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Doc_Mallory »

Autumn is creeping in on my side too. Frost on the grass this morning, before the sun got up. It took me straight back to that walk with Pete along the treeline north of Kabanino. Eleven years now. I still think about the ones who did not come back after the three days.

stay safe out there
User avatar
rye_
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by rye_ »

Doc_Mallory wrote:I still think about the ones who did not come back after the three days.
i still have the recording from that night on a hard drive in a box. i've never listened past where his mic cuts
User avatar
HarrisonB
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by HarrisonB »

Doc_Mallory wrote:It took me straight back to that walk with Pete along the treeline north of Kabanino.
Doc, frost in the morning does that to me too. I still think about the hill above Stary and the rain all the way back, soaked before I even hit the treeline. You don't really move on from those days, you just get older around them.
User avatar
VLK
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by VLK »

rye_, I understand not listening further. I still remember that morning in 2023 when someone logged in on the hill above Green Mountain. we were all in the Discord and no one spoke for a while. I am glad I had not gone to sleep yet.
User avatar
Kasper
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Kasper »

HarrisonB, that November one north of the airfield is the first thing I think of when it gets cold. Nobody got anything from it. I still have the server log from that afternoon on a drive, same spot it has been in since 2013. Some filse you keep because you were there.
Post Reply