tempted_ you still have the server logs
tempted_ you still have the server logs
Went through the backup drive properly for the first time in a while. The Kabanino tent despawn still nags at me because the timestamps in the thread never lined up with the restart schedule. tempted_, you kept the server-side logs from back then, didn't you. Do you still have the login list from the 19th?
- Doc_Mallory
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm
Ksaper, yeah, the full backup is on the drive, the 19th included. The file names are just dates, no labels, but I know which one you mena. I remember that night, it was the evening two_tap got banned, so the tent thread probably got lost in the fallout. The timestamps never lined up with the restart schedule even back then, so if the login list clears that up, thne goo.d I'll dig the file out over the weekend and send it your way.
That would explain why the tent thread went quiet, the split took up the whole week. I can check my copy against the login list once you send it. I ran the server clock on UTC back then and the forum timestamps were set to local, which was probably half the mismatch by itself. Send it when you have it, no rush.Doc_Mallory wrote:I remember that night, it was the evening two_tap got banned, so the tent thread probably got lost in the fallout.
- Doc_Mallory
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm
Kasper, sent it over this evening. The file was under a date-only folder with the rest of the server logs, same as everything we kept. That UTC piece clears up moer than the ban thread ever did, I never had the head for clock settings. I had it open for a minute and recognised half the names ebfore I even got to the times. You were right to keep that drive close all these years.
stay safe out there
stay safe out there
HarrisonB, the forum ran on local time and the server on UTC, so a restart at 20:00 sat in the log as 19:00 and nothing ever reconciled. Doc's file came through with the login list in the same date folder, so it should be a straight comparison once I sit down with it. Four years dark and we're still on about a tent. The drive is a 1TB in a caddy under the desk and it spins up fine.
four years and its still a tent thread, yeah. i checked the base again that morning before school and the can was still there with dust on the lid, which i think about more than i should. raining here all week and my daughter keeps asking why dad is on the old forum againKasper wrote:Four years dark and we're still on about a tent.
The tents were open when I walked up that morning, lid off the can, everything else where it should have been. That is the whole reason the thread exists, and why the login list matters more than the ban fallout did. Doc's file is open next to mine now and the first entries sit within a couple of minutes of the restart, closer than anything we had in 2015. Raining here as well.HarrisonB wrote:four years and its still a tent thread, yeah.